Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jumping in with two feet

I am not yet a mom, nor do I live a wholly "green" lifestyle. Do I have any business blogging about either of these pursuits? Let's find out...

I'm currently 5 months pregnant and live in a ~525 square foot Manhattan studio. The moment I found out I was pregnant the first thought that occurred to me was not what kind of parent will I be? but where the heck am I going to put all that stuff??? I looked around at our serene, unadorned little corner of the Upper East Side and got myself on the next train to Westchester in search of more space.

You learn a lot about yourself and your spouse as you prepare to bring a new life into the world. So far I've learned I'm actually happier with less. Living in a small home seems (to me, at least) to make life a little less complicated.

This blog hopes to be an exploration of this new reality in which we'll attempt to do more with less, or at least be more mindful of the things we do acquire.

Big plastic toys? No thank you. Hello, biodegradable diapers!


No comments: